Ayudando con todas sus necesidades legales.
How do I apply for citizenship if I am a "Green Card" holder?

Normally, if you have a "Green Card", are at least 18 years of age, and have lived in the United States as a lawful permanent resident for five years; or if you have been a "Green Card" holder and have been married to and residing with a United States citizen for three years, you may apply to become a United States citizen.

There are two educational requirements for becoming a U.S. citizen. First, you must show that you can read and write simple English. Second, you must show that you know basic facts about U.S. history and government, by answering questions before an immigration officer at the time of your interview with an immigration officer.

There are ways in which the requirement to understand English can be waived. If, on the date of filing your application, you are fifty years of age or older, and you have been a lawful permanent resident of the United States for more than twenty years, you do not have to show that you can read and write simple English. This is also true if you are unable to comply with the English language requirement because of a disability or if you are a person who is fifty-five years of age or older who as resided in the United States as a lawful permanent resident for at least fifteen years. You must still show that you have a knowledge of U.S. history and government, and you may be tested in your native language.

If you are applying for citizenship for a child who is under the age of eighteen, has a "Green Card", and has a least one U.S. citizen parent, but did not automatically became a United States citizen, the child may be eligible for a certificate of citizenship. However in most cases the child must be living with the U.S. citizen parent.


Office Location

2300 Southwest 89th Street, Suite F
Oklahoma City, OK 73159
Telephone: (405) 601-2222
Fax: (405) 604-2704

Mailing Address

PO Box 19148
Oklahoma City, OK 73144